[OpenLayers-Dev] Hiding Layers from the Layer Switcher

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jul 18 20:22:44 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 07:18:24PM -0500, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> off the cuff reply is that yes, the reason the noEvent thing is passed
> is to prevent an infinite loop. I'll add this to my queue of tickets
> to make.

Similiarly off the cuff: I believe that if we were to check the current
visibility of a layer against the newly checked status, we would be
fine. The problem is just that we always call setVisibility, even when a
user hasn't recently clicked anything, when a layer changes, which means
we would trap ourselves in a loop.

Haven't tested this yet though.