[OpenLayers-Dev] Vector layers seem to block mouseover/mouseout events from lower Marker layers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jul 19 17:35:06 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 05:17:22PM -0400, Peterson Eric-EEP002 wrote:
> Is this the way it's supposed to work? I'm hoping that there's some
> Layer option that blocks propogation of events to lower layers that I've
> forgotten to disable. But I've thumbed through the code and the apidocs
> for Layer and Vector, but I didn't see anything immediately obvious.

This is the way it does work, and there is currently no workaround for
it. The SVG element has to fill the div, and when it does, events don't
drop through to the layers below.

There is no work being done on a fix for this, because I believe it's
just 'the way it works' -- I don't think we can do anything about it.