[OpenLayers-Dev] IE

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Jun 5 07:02:49 EDT 2007

thanks a lot, again, Lance, your is the first debugger help to WMSManager.
:-)

I feel that the solution should be trivial, I just have to pass through
my emotional wall against IE and try some solutions.
Nobody wants 80kb more than what we already have to just to do a better
parsing for IE.
The behavior is just like (IE in first person): sometimes I have a good
feeling with this  XML sometime I don't.
In the second case:

var text = ajaxRequest.responseText;
var xml = OpenLayers.parseXMLString(text);
if(typeof xml=='object'){
    IE enters but the object is empty
    xml.getElementsByTagName('whatever') = return no items
}

I'm trying to find the system to let IE digest this XML.

ciao
Lorenzo