[OpenLayers-Dev] Feature "select detection" implementation details needed

bkausbk bkausbk at web.de
Wed Jun 6 08:29:45 EDT 2007

> We use browser events -- mouseover/mouseout/click/etc. -- to register
> events, then listen for those events.

Oh I think now I understand you ... do you mean that native svg/vml
onmouseover/onmousedown events will be used? So OpenLayers is in no way
responsible for select detection.

I think in this case I have to do much work to implement intersecting polygon
features. Don't know if todays browsers are fast enough to handle this much
JavaScript :(

regards
Benjamin Kalytta