[OpenLayers-Dev] WMSManager closer to beta version

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Fri Jun 8 08:01:29 EDT 2007

>> John, create your favourite map with WMSManager:
>> http://www.ominiverdi.org/openlayers/sandbox/openlayers/examples/wms_manager.html
>>
>> when you're happy with your view, click on the bottom left "Exporter"
>> link.
>>

> Lorenzo, it's very nice :)

Thanks a lot, John

> What steps remain for making this a standard component in OpenLayers?
> Presumably tests in all the browser types, documentation, and what else?

Chris has kindly indicate me the way.
I've started a wiki page for documentation:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/WMSManager
updated the ticket: http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/687

next steps will be:
- debugging to reach the beta phase (to me means: all features "mostly"
work on FF,IE,Safari and no Sarissa code needed)
- code refining (as far as we are happy with it)
- create unit tests and let them work
(http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/WritingUnitTests)
- enhancing documentation

ciao