[OpenLayers-Dev] finally fed up with jsdoc

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Jun 17 19:54:23 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 09:45:45AM +1000, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Nice,
> I assume you plan to feed your hacks back into the jsdoc codebase?

Not particularly. The code will be published with OpenLayers -- so
anyone would be able to do that, if they cared -- but it's not an
improvement of JSDoc, it's a complete rewrite in a different language,
specifically targeted towards the style of code and commenting we use in
OpenLayers, not a general Javascript docuemntation tool.

> I'm hoping we can use the same tool to jsdoc mapbuilder, which includes
> openlayers code.

I wouldn't be too hopeful. It's very specific to our code, and I don't
plan to create and maintain a tool like that (though others are, again,
welcome to).