[OpenLayers-Dev] JSDoc

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Mar 5 01:03:25 EST 2007

After spending a while playing with it, I was able to get JSDoc to give
me something useful. (First step ended up being something to rip out a
lot of the prototype stuff we've written, like OpenLayers.inherit).

The result is here:

http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/

Note that this is probably not going to be maintained/up to date, but
it's made me more hopeful that we can use the existing JSDoc to get some
kind of class documentation up and running. Most important/useful is

http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/allclasses-noframe.html

which leads to things like:

http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS/Untiled.html

(Which means I now have a link which makes sense for
http://openlayers.org/~crschmidt/openlayers-jsdoc/OpenLayers/Layer/WMS/Untiled.html#ratio
, which was my goal.)

Hopefully this will be helpful during our upcoming hack week on this
stuff. I'll run it against the vector branch in the morning and report
on results.