[OpenLayers-Dev] Vector Diffs

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 15 02:55:01 EDT 2007

On 3/15/07, Schuyler Erle <sderle at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 23:52 -0600, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> > >
> > > OpenLayers/Map.js
> > > default controls changed from using MouseDefaults to using Navigation
> > > control.
> >
> > This is the only item in this entire list that peaks my interest. I'm
> > wondering if
> > for any reason this might cause problems for some people? Anyone out
> > there in the community see any danger in this? I have no technical justification
> > for this curiosity, it just makes me nervous is all.
>
> My take on this is that Control.Navigate is supposed to provide *at
> least* as much functionality as Control.MouseDefaults. I think our
> regular testing and release cycle will quickly demonstrate whether this
> is a good idea or not -- so we'll know well before we release 2.4 for
> good.

Right, I guess my vague worry is that people have somehow built something
that not only relies on subclassing MouseDefaults or something like that, but
in some way relies on that being a default control.

I dunno. I may be out of my mind. At any rate, though, you're right. This worry
is not a reason to prevent the merge. It will come out in the release process.
:-)