[OpenLayers-Dev] Vector Diffs

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Mar 15 05:54:14 EDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 12:55:01AM -0600, Erik Uzureau wrote:
> On 3/15/07, Schuyler Erle <sderle at metacarta.com> wrote:
> >My take on this is that Control.Navigate is supposed to provide *at
> >least* as much functionality as Control.MouseDefaults. I think our
> >regular testing and release cycle will quickly demonstrate whether this
> >is a good idea or not -- so we'll know well before we release 2.4 for
> >good.
>
> Right, I guess my vague worry is that people have somehow built something
> that not only relies on subclassing MouseDefaults or something like that,
> but
> in some way relies on that being a default control.
>
> I dunno. I may be out of my mind. At any rate, though, you're right. This
> worry
> is not a reason to prevent the merge. It will come out in the release
> process.
> :-)

I had the same thought, but then I looked back and realized that every
time I've documented how to do subclassing or the like off of
MouseDefaults, I've told them to create their own control first. In my
mind, what's in the default controls on the map is not under the user's
control -- if they want it, they need to override it.

I've added the change -- and how to revert to old behavior -- to
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.4/Notes