[OpenLayers-Dev] Place Control.Panel inside a custom container div?

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 18:04:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

in the panel.html example of the trunk, there is a div with id "panel",
which is not used at all.

Now my question: can the panel be placed inside this div instead of the map
container? If no, would OpenLayers still work reliable if I remove the panel
child from the map container and add it as new child to a div outside the
map?

The reason why I ask this is because I have not found a way to get the
buttons to display outside the map area - obviously because of an
"overflow:hidden" CSS property of the map container which should not be
removed because map tiles are hidden there.

Thank you for your answers!
Andreas.

PRISMA solutions
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Hocevar
Telefon: +43 2236 47975 27
PRISMA solutions EDV-Dienstleistungen GmbH
Adresse: Klostergasse 18, 2340 Mödling, Austria
http://www.prisma-solutions.at/