[OpenLayers-Dev] Openlayers and scriptaculous autoComplete

Ehud Shabtai eshabtai at gmail.com
Sun May 13 04:39:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use openlayers along with a form which uses the
Ajax.autoComplete of scriptaculus.
I can't make it work properly, as the autoComplete always shows me the first
batch of results regardless of the input.

It seems that Openlayers intercepts the ajax response from the server in its
Function.prototype.bind definition which defines function(moreargs).
function(moreargs) is called for every response from the server and it
appends the response into the args array. So my args array now contains all
of the autoComplete responses (which are not valid anymore as only the last
response contains the correct set). When it passes this array further down
to scriptaculus, scriptaculus only uses the first response as it does not
expect an array. So I always get the same batch of completions.

Can I avoid Openlayers intercepting the autoComplete responses?

Thanks,

--
Ehud Shabtai
http://www.freemap.co.il/map/