[OpenLayers-Dev] Different lon and lat map resolution (and other issues)

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:58:35 EDT 2007

Hi,
I submitted new patch set to #889 [1], which implements different pixel
resolutions in x and y direction. The patches should work with *current*
version of OpenLayers.

I would also like to ask several questions:
 - when approximately the patch will be added to trunk, or
 - when approximately will be decided, this will/will not happen
 - what else can I / do I have to do for, the patch will be accepted or
definitely declined
 - do I have to prepare fresh patches let say every week, so they are
still usable for current OpenLayers, or is it enough, post them once,
the project managers will update them by themselves?

Now, I did 3rd version of the patch, till now, there was even no
discussion, if the patch should/should not/should under some conditions
be accepted/declined.

Sorry, if this sounds rude - this e-mail is not to be understood as
blame. It is just little bit frustrating: If the people are asking for
new features, most general answer is "patches are welcomed". If the
patches are there, nobody wants them. Or, so it looks at least from
here. That is, why I'm asking about the mechanisms of patch
acceptation.

Thanks

Jachym

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/889