[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #1172: VML renderer problems with externalGraphic

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 17:42:32 EST 2007

Hi,

it seems that IE6 (maybe also IE7, I had no opportunity to test that)
is unable to set the fillcolor and strokecolor attribute correctly for
nodes that have not yet been appended to a visible parent vml node.

The fix for Renderer/VML.js in http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1172
does an additional comparison of requested and set fillcolor and
strokecolor, setting them again if they differ. This is done right
after a node was added to its parent vml node.

I do not know if I am missing something here, but I spent hours
investigating that issue, and did not find a better solution than the
above workaround.

Regards,
Andreas.