[OpenLayers-Dev] VML Rendering of point data

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Oct 1 10:30:55 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 06:38:23PM -0700, fporc7ji wrote:

> Hi Eric --
>
> Here is what I am experiencing.
>
> When reading in a KML layer using the VML renderer, the first point displays
> at the correct location.
> If the layer has multiple points after the first point is added a child node
> is added to the root as directed in elements.drawGeometry. As soon as a
> child node is appended to the root, the first point shifts and is no longer
> at the correct location.

I am unable to replicate this behavior. The kml-layer example changed
from using points to lines before 2.5, but I just tried it with a KML
file with points, and everything looked the same (barring sub-pixel
rendering differences) in IE6, IE7, and FF.

> My attachment has a sample KML point layer included.

Your attachment didn't make it through. Try again, perhaps?