[OpenLayers-Dev] singleTile optimization

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:36:16 EDT 2007

Ducky!

Great to see you here -- don't be a stranger.

The problem with aligning singleTile to a grid is that as soon as you have
the corner of the grid on the screen, all the sudden you are in a tiled mode
only with larger tiles.  It strikes me that for any use case that would
require any kind of grid alignment at all, really you should be using a
tiled mode only with perhaps larger tiles and smaller buffers.  The use case
that I see for single tile is for dynamic data -- data that is dynamic
enough that you wouldn't want it cached at all, ever.

David