[OpenLayers-Dev] singleTile optimization

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Thu Oct 4 12:09:34 EDT 2007

There we go. What David's said here is what I was grasping for earlier here.

If you use a singleTile layer that is gridded, *eventully* the user is
going to pan the map such that the corners of the grid are in the
viewbox. At that point, the only option is to load 4 tiles, at which
point, we're back to gridded, in which case you might as well just use
a normal gridded layer with a very big tilesize and a buffer:0

Alternatively, One could imagine a tile layer which is double-tiled
and that would avoid this problem, but seems like a horrible
implementation nightmare.