[OpenLayers-Dev] RFC: Archiving PSC Votes

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Wed Oct 10 11:12:02 EDT 2007

In the thread "RFC: Resolution to only change License with Unanimous
Vote" , Paul Spencer has brought up the idea of making a section on
the WIKI to keep a public record of RFC's and also the Votes of the
PSC on issues of importance.

So far, we've seen people on both sides of the fence with this issue.
Some people think it's important, whereas others think it is maybe a
waste of time. Luckily, noone seems to be particularly opposed to the
idea, the reservations expressed to this point seem to indicate only a
wariness at the overhead.

Instead of convoluting the other thread with that discussion, I'd like
it to continue here in a new thread.

I see this as a rather minor issue: as per hobu's suggestion at the
pow-wow in Victoria, all PSC votes will now be held publicly on the
dev list, so the idea of registering them does not imply a compromise
on anyone's privacy. It seems to me to only be a question of who is
really willing to do the work and whether we think that would be time
well spent.

Please, if you have opinions on this, voice them here, now.
Erik