[OpenLayers-Dev] KML Styling

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Mon Oct 15 03:02:18 EDT 2007

I too am interested in this development.
I have done development using the Google Maps API
they have an API provided KML parser which allowed
 inadequate user control and features.. And the available
third party parser was also innadequate to any real kml.
particularly style handling.(as well as other features)

Here are some of the complexities I ran into
involving KML Styles

1) Inline Styles (easiest part)
2) StyleMaps (may define hover events)
3) Cascading Styles
4) Referenced Styles (can even be in a different document - though that
part might not be worth implementing)