[OpenLayers-Dev] vector layer and removeLayer

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Oct 15 05:21:52 EDT 2007

Hi list,

if I do a refresh of my application in Internet Explorer 6, I get a
javascript error "invalid argument", which comes from removeLayer. This only
happens after drawing a feature in a vector layer.

It is also reproducable using the editingtoolbar.html example. Draw a
polygon, and press CTRL+F5.

I needed to add a null check in Map.js's removeLayer to make this go away:

if (layer.div) {
  this.layerContainerDiv.removeChild(layer.div);
}

But after this I get length is empty or no object in Util.js's removeItem,
so apparently a null array is passed in. I also added a null check there.

Next one up, this.features.length is not an object in destroyFeatures of
Vector.js, so I added another null check. This resolved it.

But maybe as Tim said before on a similar issue, we should investigate the
root cause instead of putting in sanity checks ...

Using OL 2.5.

Best regards,
Bart

--