[OpenLayers-Dev] KML Styling

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:16:43 EDT 2007

Chris,

On 10/15/07, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> I think that it would be acceptable to not worry about OpenLayers.Style
> until it makes it into trunk: we're going to have to do a lot of
> churn/transition once it's in

>From my point of view, there is only one open question for the
sldRenderer, which I posted to the list earlier today. Once the
"apply-style magic" is implemented, I would consider the sldRenderer
sandbox ready for review and putting it into trunk after that. Since
there are only two places in existing code that are affected by the
sldRenderer, I dont't think that there would be too much churn to do.

>, and I don't mind having KML development
> go the existing path until it gets in, just so we don't have
> cross-sandbox development (which I hate merging).

This is the one thing. But the other thing is that the
OpenLayers.Style class is a good representation for any kind of style
information retreived from xml or elsewhere. And IMO it would be a
shame if such neat things would have to be developed twice.

Regards,
Andreas.