[OpenLayers-Dev] RFC: Creating IconManager utility class
ian at planetmayo.com
Wed Oct 17 14:54:36 EDT 2007
all. I'm working away on #1073 , and making steady progress .
I'm finding myself bolting on quite a bit of code to support the
specification of size & location of the icon images themselves.
There's still more processing to be done to translate "Pizza
Restaurants" to "pizza.png". Rather than pollute the georss.xml class
with this functionality I intend creating an IconManager class that
performs as follows:
- it takes a size, offset, root and suffix parameters
- it is able to provide an openlayers.icon when provided with a String
(an rss category from my implementation of georss.xml) - or returns
null if it can't provide an image.
- it has over-rideable function to determine the image to produce,
though the default functionality will be to convert the string to
lower case and swap underscores for spaces - then prepend with the
root and append with the suffix
I'm got the following questions:
- can anybody point me to a suitable folder to contain this functionality
- should it be included in its own ticket?
- any other thoughts?
In the working branch at , you still load georss.xml, but observe
that some of the rss entries have had arbitrary categories added - and
see the unique markers shown
More information about the Dev