[OpenLayers-Dev] MapFish

Pat Cappelaere pat at cappelaere.com
Wed Oct 31 08:18:56 EDT 2007

I would really disagree with that statement.

A REST-RPC style interface is not RESTful and appropriate for the Mass
Market.  So the current OGC specs are not quite there yet.

But the OGC has recognized that and is working on this for OWS-5.
There is still a challenge on the table for a RESTful WMS (which has been
picked up by Arnulf)

I am currently working hard at pushing those issues to the surface.  We are
having good success with the Workflow Chaining Service and Pubusb.  I need
to start the documentation process.  Our version of the RESTful WFS is
falling a little behind because of lack of funding...

Hopefully, the SoCal fires are bringing some attention to the issues...

http://blog.geobliki.com

Pat.