[OpenLayers-Dev] Some of the WMS tiles not getting refreshed

louvy.joseph at gmail.com louvy.joseph at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:39:49 EDT 2007

Thanks Crhis, Andrea & Cameron. I still have the problem. Couple of notes.

1) Yes, I was already using the random number with mergeNewParams().
    wmsLayer.mergeNewParams({'foo': Math.random()});

And I do see that there is FOO value getting embedded in my WMS url.

2) Funny thing is that when I look at the tile in firebug by clicking
Net->Images->wms->Response,  I see my new tile with proper image but the
browser itself seem to display old tile. Why? Most of the tiles are okay
except for one tile or rarely two tiles.

3) The response headers from firebug are:

Response Headers
Server 	Apache-Coyote/1.1
Content-Type 	image/png
Transfer-Encoding 	chunked
Date 	Wed, 05 Sep 2007 00:23:53 GMT
Request Headers
Host 	wms1.localhost:8080
User-Agent 	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6)
Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6
Accept 	image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Accept-Language 	en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding 	gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset 	ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive 	300
Connection 	keep-alive
Referer 	http://localhost:8080/polaris-web/edit

Do you see anything wrong in the header? I don't see "Pragma: No-Cache"
in the header. Is that something to be worried about?

4) Andrea, are you referring to "Cache Enabled" & "Cache Time" field in
geoserver console's under WFS feature edit screen? The "Cache Enabled"
check box is not enabled and the "Cache Time" text field is empty.

5) The problem happens in both IE & Firefox.

6) Chris, is there anything I can debug around using the checkImagURL()
event handler?

Thanks again
Louvy