[OpenLayers-Dev] OL 2.4 conflict with MS Ajax.Net

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 11 09:53:35 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 07:56:02AM -0500, John Cole wrote:
> Christopher,
>   What is the policy on applying bug fixes to released versions?  I've added
> a patch to 961 for 2.4 HEAD, and I was wondering if it can get applied to
> 2.4.

We've never touched a release once we tagged a final, and given that
we'll have an RC out for 2.5 in the next two weeks, I'm hesitant to
change that now. Doing an RC cycle against a 2.4.1 at the same time
we're doing an RC cycle against 2.5 sounds... suboptimal.

It's certainly something that could be brought up, but the current
tendancy is not to do much with the branches once we release, to lower
our releng cost.

The best path for you is to roll your own by patching 2.4, and help
test/review to get 2.5 out the door :)