[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #966: Add att ribution control to map by default

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Sep 12 10:36:36 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 09:14:12AM -0500, John Cole wrote:
> -1
>
> And my reason for this is because of printing.  We have to put a copyright
> notice for our HUD site, and we do it with a DIV tag similar to the scale
> control and I assume the new attribution control.
>
> But, when we print maps, we merge all of the layers into a single one for
> printing to work, and I have MapServer put the copyright notice at the
> bottom of the map (normally we do not want a layer just for copyright notice
> and a separate WMS call, so the div tag works great for the interactive
> map).

I'm confused, I guess.

 1. When you print maps, are you using OpenLayers?
 2. When you print maps, do you have multiple layers turned on?

If you're going to print a map, and you create a new base layer, and use
no other layers -- then you simply don't have an attribution property
set on your layer. If the control is there, it will, *by default* do
nothing -- it only does something if you explicitly set the
'attribution' property on the layer to something that is not null. So,
on your draggable maps, you have the attribution property set -- and on
the printable maps, you don't. Right?