[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #966: Add att ribution control to map by default

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Wed Sep 12 11:03:07 EDT 2007

Christopher,
  When we print maps, we are using OpenLayers, as it's still a WMS layer,
but there is only one base layer.  When we create the OL map, we specify no
controls at all, because these can have issues with different browsers print
engines (sometimes the top control covers up the entire map, for whatever
reason).  It would be nice if all the browsers behaved the similar when it
came to printing, but to reduce the problems we strip the map down to just
the un-tiled image and nothing else.

  I'd like to make sure that whenever I print, no other controls exist, even
if they are disabled.  I'm worried about an empty div section blocking the
map during printing.  If the control has it's outer div set to display:none,
then I doubt it would interfere, but just an empty one may cause problems.

John