[OpenLayers-Dev] [OpenLayers-Trac] [OpenLayers] #966: Add att ribution control to map by default

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Sep 12 11:10:50 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:03:07AM -0500, John Cole wrote:
> Christopher,
>   When we print maps, we are using OpenLayers, as it's still a WMS layer,
> but there is only one base layer.  When we create the OL map, we specify no
> controls at all, because these can have issues with different browsers print
> engines (sometimes the top control covers up the entire map, for whatever
> reason).  It would be nice if all the browsers behaved the similar when it
> came to printing, but to reduce the problems we strip the map down to just
> the un-tiled image and nothing else.
>
>   I'd like to make sure that whenever I print, no other controls exist, even
> if they are disabled.  I'm worried about an empty div section blocking the
> map during printing.  If the control has it's outer div set to display:none,
> then I doubt it would interfere, but just an empty one may cause problems.

Ah, then your'e fine with this: this only adds it to the map by
*default* -- that is, if no  controls:[] option is specified on the map.
If you specify controls: [], then the control isn't added -- I think
this was Paul's question as well, which I hope I adequately responded to
there.

This is *only* for the 'standard' default OL map -- if you want to
customize your map, we're not going to force you into a specific
direction.

With that in mind, do you forsee a problem? or was your concern just
that it would be added to the map regardless of what was specified in
the map intializer control list?