[OpenLayers-Dev] NavToolbar control

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Sep 14 09:22:51 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 05:05:25AM -0700, jonz wrote:

> Hi Christopher,
>
> I was running into the same sort of thing, and basically it's sort of
> impossibile to deactivate the zoombox without causing a zoom seeing as the
> mouseup goes thru to the map..

So, I look at:

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/navtoolbar.html

I click the second tool, to activate it. No Zoom.

I click the tool again. No zoom.

I drag a box around spain. Zoom.

I drag a box such that my mouse is over the navcontrol, and let go.
Zoom.

This is the behavior I expect.

It sounds like you're doing something differently than I am: I'm not
sure what it is. If the behavior described above is not what you get,
then we have a different problem we should discuss -- but if the above
is the behavior you get, then the only thing to discuss is why it isn't
what you want :)