[OpenLayers-Dev] OL BOFs -- Tues. and Weds.

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Sep 23 00:10:13 EDT 2007

FOSS4G Attendees:

So, there's a big WebMap BOF on Tuesday night, for anyone interested in
web mapping. Great.

Because there's going to be so many non-OL specific people at that, I'd
like to have anyone who is planning to participate in the code sprint on
Friday stop in at a BOF on Wednesday night as well. Right now, it's set
up for:

 Saanich - 1 (126)
 OpenLayers pre-codesprint meetup
 Christopher Schmidt

after presentations on Wednesday, at 4:45.

The point is just to get everyone set up with the administrativa that
committing to OpenLayers requires, like CLAs filled out, wiki/trac/svn
usernames and passwords created, etc. We'll also review some of the
basic rules of OL committing both for the sprint and afterwards, and
figure out what we're going to do for keeping this development going
forward and not making it impossible to integrate back into trunk (as
some of our previous efforts have ended up).

So, Tuesday is a big group, lots of discussion/round tableness, etc. and
Wednesday is 'OL hackers looking to get in on the Friday action showing
up and chatting/meeting face to face/getting set up.'

We'll probably be done long before the hour that's currently scheduled
is up, but if you want to hack with us on Friday, *please* come by.
Check the BOFs board during the conference for more.

(Also, I'm hoping that most of the core devs will be able to be there on
Wednesday night, which means it might also be a chance to do smaller
scale meet and greet if you're busy Tuesday night with one of the other
BOFs.)