[OpenLayers-Dev] Tooltips on the controls in NavToolBar

Antonio volpicelli at oato.inaf.it
Wed Sep 26 06:51:13 EDT 2007

Christian,
this seems to work only if you keep the controls on the map.
If you move the controls outside the map it doesn't work.
This are some line of my code:

  #paneldiv { float: left;   width: 30px; }
  #paneldiv div {
    top: 10px;
  }

        var panel = new
OpenLayers.Control.Panel({'div':OpenLayers.Util.getElement('paneldiv')});
        panel.addControls([new OpenLayers.Control.ZoomBox({title: "Zoom
Box: Selecting it you can zoom on an area by clicking and draging"})]);

but how Lee write this functionality is slated for 2.6.
I will think about and hope to find a solution.

Thanks

Ciao
Antonio

Christian López Espínola wrote:
> Hi Antonio,
>
> See if
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/penyaskito/openlayers/examples/panel.html
> does what you want.
>
> If it helps, see the patch at the ticket #822
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/822
>
> Cheers
>
> On 9/25/07, Antonio <volpicelli at oato.inaf.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I moved the NavToolBar with some controls outside of the Map and I would
>> like to enable tooltips  on they .
>> Is there some one what I could do?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Antonio