[OpenLayers-Dev] VML Rendering of point data

fporc7ji fporcelli at taic.net
Thu Sep 27 21:38:23 EDT 2007

Hi Eric --

Here is what I am experiencing.

When reading in a KML layer using the VML renderer, the first point displays
at the correct location.
If the layer has multiple points after the first point is added a child node
is added to the root as directed in elements.drawGeometry. As soon as a
child node is appended to the root, the first point shifts and is no longer
at the correct location. Try opening the kml-layer.html example using IE6,
then use Firefox (which uses the SVG renderer). The Firefox points will be
accurate and will reflect what you would see in Google Earth, the IE6 points
do not. I've attached the OL 2.5rc3 build, with alert messages in key parts
of the renderer code. My attachment has a sample KML point layer included.

Thanks,

Frank