[OpenLayers-Dev] Markers reprojection

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 13:17:55 EDT 2008

I am doing work on transform methods for Vector and Marker layers in my sandbox:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/edgemaster/openlayers/

However, it should be fairly easy to transform all the points before
they're added to the marker layer depending on your datasource.
For example, the GML layer (badly named), can support input of many
data formats and automatically reproject before adding them onto the
map.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Julien-Samuel Lacroix
<jlacroix at mapgears.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I need to add Markers and Vectors on a SphericalMercator map. My
>  coordinates are in degree instead of meters. The projection member is
>  not supported in the Markers and Vector Layer class. Is there a reason
>  for that?
>
>  I know I could reprojection all the LatLon object I create individually,
>  but it would be more easier to have it directly in the Layer. I could
>  open a ticket and submit a patch if you feel it worth going in the trunk.
>
>  Julien
>
>  --
>  Julien-Samuel Lacroix
>  Mapgears