[OpenLayers-Dev] adding markers with popups as features.

Fred Arters fred at monkeytroy.com
Fri Aug 22 16:23:32 EDT 2008

Ahh..  got you now.  I was confused cause you used feature.move as in
variable feature of type Vector.    My bad.

Yes, I see that in trunk the Vector class has a move method that is
not in the stable release that I have.   I will take a closer look at
it.

Thanks again for your help!

-Fred

On Aug 22, 2008, at 2:00 PM, Eric Lemoine wrote:

> As I said you use OpenLayers.Layer.Vector so you don't use
> OpenLayers.Feature but OpenLayers.Feature.Vector, which has a move()
> method, at least in trunk. Eric
>
> 2008/8/22, Fred Arters <fred at monkeytroy.com>:
>> Hey Eric, I know I had a lot in that last email.. but the first part
>> is...

>> This seems to be the case for the stable 2.5 release which I am using
>> and the trunk..
>>
>> Here is a link to the Feature.js on trunk.  I can't find a move
>> method.
>>
>> http://trac.openlayers.org/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Feature.js
>>
>> Documentation for trunk does not show a move method either.
>>
>> Am I looking in the wrong spot?
>>

>> On Aug 22, 2008, at 12:15 PM, Eric Lemoine wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. If you use Vector.Layer then your feature class should be
>>> Feature.Vector, which further means you should be able to do
>>> feature.move(). IIRC move takes either an OpenLayers.Pixel or an
>>> OpenLayers.LonLat as an argument. My comments apply to current