[OpenLayers-Dev] Docs Refactored to use Sphinx

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Dec 20 11:22:14 EST 2008

After playing with Sphinx for a couple other reasons, I have decided
that not using Sphinx for our documentation builds was a complete
mistake, and have changed the OpenLayers build process to use it.

What this means:

 * The URLs or the docs we had have now changed, as has the layout,
   slightly. I'm sorry for that, but hopefully it will be a one-time
   change.

 * The docs can easily be built with Sphinx. Simply:

   easy_install Sphinx (possibly with sudo)
   svn co http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/doc
   cd doc
   make html

   This will create a directory of documentation for you.

Information on sphinx is available from:

  http://sphinx.pocoo.org/