[OpenLayers-Dev] Google layer and div resize: wrong config or bug?

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:38:23 EST 2008

I think this is just a OL with ExtJS issue. The fact is that there a
strange behavior even if there is no google layer.
You can easily test a simple thing. With a single layer in your map,
you can try to pan the map just after resizing an ExtJS region. You'll
see that the map behavior is weird. The map moves more than expected.

In MapFish we combine ExtJS and OL, and we often use layouts.
To prevent the issue you expose here, we created a widget that simply
calls map.updateSize() and this seems to go pretty well.

Though, I'm not sure that the bug Christopher quoted is related to
your problem also.

Regards,
Pierre