[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.6 Status Meeting

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jan 14 23:37:53 EST 2008

Time has come for a release. This also means the time has come to figure
out what *doesn't* go in the release -- a far more realistic look at it
than trying to pick what does (since "everything" is such a common
answer).

In order to help answer this question, I'd like to have an IRC meeting
next week. I've picked two dates, and two times. I'm in favor of the
first two for both, but will take feedback on it.

 Tuesday, Jan 22nd
 Thursday, Jan 24th

 11AM Eastern / New York time
 4PM Eastern / New York time

The former makes it hard for our Australian friends to attend, while the
latter makes it possibly somewhat harder for our European friends to
attend (though admittedly, not so bad as 11AM is for the aussies).

If you can't make one day or the other, or prefer one time over the
other, please say so. On Thursday, I'll round up all the responses and
announce which day/time the meeting will be at.

Based on past experience, the meeting will probably be about 1.5 hours
long.

My hope is that we can clean up the ticket list, and target a first RC
in mid February. (I push it out that far because there are still a
number of outstanding features that are important, in my opinion, to the
release -- we can work it out more during the meeting.)

This is also a call for people to start making tickets/patches available
for any features that need to be in 2.6 from their point of view: after
the meeting, the 2.7 release will become the default milestone for new
tickets barring some overriding factor. (This doesn't mean that you
can't get things in after that, but they're much less likely to be
considered release blockers.) So, if you have things you're sitting on,
get them out there!

Looking forward to hearing your preferred dates/times...