[OpenLayers-Dev] meeting results

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jan 22 17:58:42 EST 2008

A couple results from the meeting:
 * LayerSwitcher improvements belong in a layerswitcher addin, not an
   improved layerswitcher in trunk. We will add infrastructure and setup
   for the way to do this shortly, but not immediately: in the meantime,
   the tickets for the layerswitcher improvements have moved out into a
   seperate "Addins" milestone

 * 2.6 release blockers identified:
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.6/Blockers

 * Any ticket which has not been touched in > 4 weeks was moved to
   2.7 milestone. If you are *actively working* on any of the tickets
   in:
   http://trac.openlayers.org/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=2.7+Release&order=priority

   you need to make it clear, and move the ticket back to 2.6. "Actively
   working on" means, in this case, "I expect to have a patch ready for
   trunk within the next 2.5-3 weeks" so that it can be reviewed. "I'm
   going to work on it" is not likely to be enough unless you have a
   history of writing patches for OpenLayers, so please keep that in
   mind.

 * We will have another meeting a week from thursday, 1-31-08, at 4PM,
   unless otherwise noted. At that meeting, we will do further triage:
   it is expected that no ticket not in the 2.6 milestone during that
   meeting will be completed for 2.6.

 * As always, http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.6 lists the
   current tickets in the 2.6 release: If you can help, or are working
   on these, please share and show so we can start cutting these tickets
   down.

 * There are three issues we did not cover completely: #902, #967, and
   #1111. Please start a conversation for these tickets on the mailing
   list if you're interested in them. (I'll start them off if no one
   else does, but probably not tonight.)

 * Note that if your ticket 'needs more work', it can still get bumped
   before the next meeting! Please try to move patches forward in some
   visible way.

We currently have 42 tickets marked for 2.6. I'd prefer to see that
number go down, rather than up. Patches, reviews, comments, etc. are all
useful. Let's make it happen!

The current release plan is still to do an RC1 by the end of the second
week in february.