[OpenLayers-Dev] Difficulties in SVG in Dashboard Mac OS X 10.5

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Tue Jan 29 08:30:37 EST 2008

I am probably alone in trying to figure this one out
but thought I might mention it on the way off chance
somebody out there has hit on this too or somebody
has a hint on what I could try.

Recent versions of  Mac OS X Dashboard
(In MacOSX 10.5) have begun supporting SVG
although I can demonstrate by loading a SVG from
a static file that SVG works

The OpenLayers drawing code which works fine in for instance
the measurement tool on this page.(in most all browsers including Safari)
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/ogc/cowidgt.htm

doesnt work If put in a widget basically it seems dynamic creation
of SVG elements are ignored in this context.
The code seems to fire without throwing an error
making it worse than difficult.

Just feeling exasperated.