[OpenLayers-Dev] properties not set in map object (maxScale, minScale ...)

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:01:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

Is there any good reason why we don't set the minScale, maxScale, and
some others properties ?
If those properties are not set in the config options, they are never
set dynamically. Though, it would be easy to compute them.

For example, given an array of scales in the config, it would be easy
to know what the min and max scales are.

The reason I ask that for is because I would like to have a map with
metric units, a scales options, and a layer with only a minScale (See
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1199). With the attached patch the
determined numZoomLevels is negative, because the minResolution is
greather than the maxResolution.

Thanks,

Pierre