[OpenLayers-Dev] Problem with custom select and modify controls binding to same onModification event

Mark K. Zanfardino mzanfardino at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 13:46:26 EDT 2008

My apologies if this is a duplicate message.  I posted a similar email
before I'd joined the devel mail list and can't confirm if it was sent
to the list or not.

NOTE: OpenLayers 2.6 - I am using the selection control and the modify
control on the same map. I have written custom behaviors for each of
these two controls.  I'm finding that the selection control calls the
onModificationX events which are registered to the modify control and
not the selection control.  With console.log I can observe that when I
choose the select tool and select a given polygon the onModificationX
functions are called.  If I omit the modification tool altogether select
calls the appropriate onSelect event.

This behavior can be viewed at
http://crschmidt.net/mapping/wpserverdemo/.  Simply draw a polygon,
choose the select tool then select the newly drawn polygon.  You will
note that the modify handles will be available and that you can modify
the polygon.  This is the same behavior as that of the modify tool.

Mark K. Zanfardino