[OpenLayers-Dev] [vector-behavior] proposal for changes

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 03:02:59 EDT 2008

Tim,

Thanks for your response.

Having the application code responsible for creating and destroying
strategies makes sense to me. What do you think we should do for
"fomat" and "protocol"? Should we pass functions, or objects as for
strategies?

> I agree with the layer activating and deactivating strategies.  We could
> also include an autoActivate property (default is true).

If I understand you correctly strategies with autoActivate:true will
be activated/deactivated by the layer. Something like that:

method setMap:
    for each strategy:
        if strategy.autoActivate:
            strategy.activate()