[OpenLayers-Dev] IE8 beta

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jul 29 15:28:03 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 09:08:29PM +0200, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> has anybody done some testing with IE8 beta already? Is the upcoming 2.7
> release expected to be compatible with IE8 beta?

Bart,

There are no plans to test OL 2.7 with IE8.

At this point, the only release hasn't even resulted in *VirtualEarth*
working: They use IE7 compatibility mode on their own pages. If
Microsoft isn't up to the task of making their maps work with their
browser, I'm certainly not going to spend a lot of time on doing the
same for OpenLayers.

My feeling is that the current betas simply aren't ready. If this
changes before our release, we may take some steps to change this, but I
haven't seen evidence that this is likely before our 2.7 release.