[OpenLayers-Dev] beyond ajax

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Jun 9 16:03:00 EDT 2008

Thanks Eric Lemoine for the thoughtful review on this.

The new request methods are now in the trunk.  If you find yourself
wanting to use anything in the OpenLayers.Ajax namespace (or really,
anything in Ajax.js), please find the alternatives.

Alternative to OpenLayers.Ajax.Request:
OpenLayers.Request functions described here -
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Request

Alternative to OpenLayers.loadURL:
OpenLayers.Request functions described above (not necessary to change
your code, just a matter of preference).

Alternative to OpenLayers.parseXMLString:
Use the OpenLayers.Format.XML parser (read method).

OpenLayers.Ajax.getElementsByTagNameNS:
Use the OpenLayers.Format.XML parser (getElementsByTagNameNS method).

OpenLayers.Ajax.serializeXMLToString:
Use the OpenLayers.Format.XML parser (write method).

Tim