[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers setup on Apache instalation on Windowssystem?

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Jun 23 07:56:46 EDT 2008

As an example (not a definite production-ripe setup though):

1) install MS4W / Apache
2) put the OpenLayers tree (or your website tree) in the webroot (htdocs
directory of Apache)
3) install Python from python.org
4) put proxy.cgi from OpenLayers examples in Apache's cgi-bin directory
5) change the path to python.exe in proxy.cgi (top line)
6) add the services you want to access through your proxy in the allowed
hosts of the proxy

You only need the proxy if your application is gonna do AJAX requests to
the WMS (so for instance GetFeatureInfo). If you are just displaying images
of the WMS (GetMap) then you don't need the proxy.

Good luck.

Best regards,
Bart