[OpenLayers-Dev] WFS-T support for GetCapabilities andDescribeFeatureType

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Mon Jun 30 06:02:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

wrt the first issue you mention, see:

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1471

I don't think it is a good idea for OpenLayers to by default use
GetCapabilities and DescribeFeatureType responses. The application
developer should have enough hooks available to include this when
necessary. And that is currently the case IMHO.

Btw, I've written a basic DescribeFeatureType parser if you need it:

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1202

Best regards,
Bart