[OpenLayers-Dev] singleTile and multiple map resizes

Andreas Hocevar andreas.hocevar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 09:36:10 EST 2008

Hi,

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> If I leave out the clearGrid call all is fine. I don't really get why the
> clearGrid is needed there, I don't notice any weird side effects if I leave
> it out.
>
> This was introduced in ticket 886, Andreas, are you able to explain why this
> call was needed?

The whole onMapResize function was needed to ensure that a singleTile
layer still works after resizing the map.

> In 1207 the call to initSingleTile was removed since it caused the layers to
> be drawn twice, so I am wondering if clearGrid is really necessary here.

Back then both initSingleTile and clearGrid were necessary. I just tried
to remove it and I can confirm that both are obsolete now.

Bart, please be so kind and create a ticket for that, if you care also a
patch, and I will take care of the rest.

Regards,
Andreas.