[OpenLayers-Dev] Summer of Code: Why two 'web-based configuration' ideas?

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sun Mar 16 18:24:17 EDT 2008

Hi Cameron,

Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Openlayers:
> As I understand it, Lorenzo's code converts WMC to JS objects, then does
> manipulation of those JS objects.

yep, the OLON object is an OL's internal object that let you easily
manage inputs and outputs for the map state.
The code is not mine, the idea started in the code sprint in Victoria
and most of the code, for this feature, has been written by Tim Schaub.
OWS Manager is just one sample implementation that needs some refining.

The SOC's student would be helpful to review and fix a good technology
that works with most browsers, he/she will have a change to dive into OL
core directly without having to learn another framework and doing
something that applies to all frameworks that extend OL.
IMO: min effort for max result

I've just seen I've lost the meeting. sorry

ciao
Lorenzo