[OpenLayers-Dev] OWS Manager as AddIn

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Mon Mar 24 15:27:11 EDT 2008

Arnd Wippermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> very nice work.

Arnd, thanks a lot.

> I'm looking myself at WMC and it's a wonderful way to work with different
> map environments. You should keep in mind, that OL have great vector
> capabilities (WFS, KML, etc). I dont know, if it is the right way, but I
> have put the parameters for these layers into the WMC <Extension> and it
> works.

there's another OGC standard coming out (possibly soon?!?) called OWS
Context that is intended to support WFS and WCS layers and can be
extended to support other kind of layers from third party vendors.
I've started playing with it but I've never find the time to implement
the Format in OL.
this is one of the things that can be implemented by a SoC student.

> In your WMC you have the service misspelled. It is OGC:WMS.

ups, thanks a lot!
:-)

Lorenzo