[OpenLayers-Dev] new proxy

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 20:23:07 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Christopher Schmidt
<crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:44:17PM +0100, Eric Lemoine wrote:
>  > Hi
>  >
>  > proxy.cgi not supporting PUT and DELETE I developed my own.
>  >
>  > My proxy script, named http-proxy.py, supports GET, POST, PUT, DELETE
>  > and probably any HTTP method. For now, http-proxy.py is mod_python
>  > only, but it could be extended to work as a CGI script.
>  >
>  > In contrast to proxy.cgi, the target host is placed in the URL path as
>  > opposed to being the value of a "url" parameter.
>
>  Encoding the URL like that would need to be one at the OpenLayers level
>  in order to be generally useful for Layer.WFS and the like, right?

Correct.

> I'm
>  assuming you haven't added this in, and are only using this for things
>  that OpenLayers doesn't do inside the library?

Yes.

I'm currently working on a MapFish protocol for
creating/reading/updating/deleting features. This protocol is
compatible with that of FeatureServer, but only GeoJSON is used as the
representation format.

And by the way, for the implementation of the client-side of the
protocol, I've started working on a "Protocol" abstraction. See [1]
and [2]. I think this is a good opportunity for collaboration on
<http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Proposal/Protocols>.

[1] http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/browser/sandbox/elemoine/MapFish/client/mfbase/mapfish/core/Protocol.js
[2] http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/browser/sandbox/elemoine/MapFish/client/mfbase/mapfish/core/Protocol/MapFish.js

Thanks,