[OpenLayers-Dev] ZoomBox Rubberband Div Bug?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu May 1 15:11:23 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 03:01:49PM -0400, Getman, Daniel J. wrote:
> I noticed in the new build (2.6) that adding a Navigation control
> somehow makes the zoomBox rubber band div invisible. The zoom in still
> occurs, and is accurate as far as I can tell, but the div indicating the
> dragged box does not show up.

Your CSS is not properly set up:

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#WhydoestheOverviewMapdisplayonthetopleftofthemapandnotinthedefaultposition

"This CSS is stored in the 'theme' directory: if you do not have a theme
directory alongside the 'img' directory that OpenLayers is using, this
CSS can not be loaded, and the map will be displayed in the upper left,
instead of the properly CSS positioned lower right."

(This FAQ question is for the OverviewMap: the same is true of the
ZoomBox in 2.6, being controlled by the CSS.)